Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just Because You Are Arrested..

Just because you are arrested, doesn’t mean there isn’t a light at the end of the tunnel. I just had a client who was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and possession of cannabis. When I met with the client, he couldn’t see a way out of it and was thinking about using the Public Defender. I encouraged him not to because being arrested in the same as being charged with a crime.

The State Attorney’s Office makes the determination about whether a person is charged with a crime…not the police. The difference is that an attorney, not a cop, looks at the law and the offense to see if the State Attorney’s Office should proceed. The police have no idea what the current state of the law is. Secondly, the public defender’s office would not attack the case pre-file as I did.

Why is this important, if you are arrested in Dade, arrested in Broward, or arrested in Palm Beach, call criminal defense attorney Phillip Menditto to fight for your rights. I got all charged dropped for my client where the public defender’s office would not have.

Regards

Phillip Menditto P.A.

No comments: